Positive about disability
The Change Foundation now proudly holds the Job Centre Plus “two ticks” symbol. This means we have been recognised as a positive place to work for disabled people, and have made commitments to employ, retain and develop people with disabilities.
The five commitments to the ‘Two Ticks’ symbol that the charity as shown are:
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what you can both do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- to review these commitments every year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans