Job Alert: Senior Women and Girls Coach Mentor
Post: Senior Women and Girls Coach Mentor
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Working hours/Contract: Full time
Reporting to: The Change Foundation Senior Manager
The Change Foundation is an innovative award-winning charity improving the lives of marginalised, young people in London, the UK and across the world using the power of sport. The Change Foundation is always adapting, evolving, innovating and moves fast. We are looking for a dynamic sports coach to join the team who is excited by variety and challenge with a passion to change young people’s lives for the better by understanding the issues that affect them most in society today.
To deliver high impact sport for social change programmes for girls and young women combining coaching, mentoring and youth work for a charity that thinks differently about sport.
• Delivering The Change Foundation’s Netball 4 Change programme.
• Delivering The Change Foundation’s Street Elite programme specifically the female cohorts.
• Mentoring girls and young women on The Change Foundation’s programmes.
• Recruiting girls and young women onto The Change Foundation’s women and girls’ programmes.
• Developing relationships with referral agencies, local authorities, youth groups and other stakeholders to create a recruitment network for vulnerable young women and girls.
You are a solution focussed coach with a track record of delivering sport for social change programmes. You will understand the sport for development sector and feel comfortable working in a dynamic and active team. A self-starter full of energy and enthusiasm who is flexible and patient. You excel when working in a team and can self-manage when required. You will have a strong belief and commitment to equal opportunities, social inclusion and diversity.
• Level 2 sports coaching qualification
• At least two years’ experience coaching young people
• Ability to develop successful relationships with young people from different backgrounds
• Ability to teach key transferable skills through sport
• Ability to develop training plans and session plans
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent administration skills
• Lived experience • Awareness of the current issues affecting young people
• Passionate and committed to providing more opportunities for vulnerable young people to help them fulfil their potential
• Desire to add value to a dynamic team
• Project management skills
• Willingness to think innovatively and try new ideas to help young people reach their potential
Safeguarding duties and responsibilities:
The Change Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The following duties are expected of all staff:
• Proactively ensuring the effective implementation of Child Protection and other related policies.
• Ensuring full compliance with all relevant statutory regulations as well as all Change Foundation policies.
• Communicating appropriately with all stakeholders including colleagues, participants, partner organisations.
Please note this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to consider changes and developments in the charity.
To apply please email your cover letter about why you are the right candidate for this role and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Interview dates: Friday 1 November and Friday 8 November 2019