Job Alert – Dance 4 Change Dance Mentor
Post: Dance 4 Change Dance Mentor
Salary: £25,000 per annum (pro rata)
Working hours/Contract: Part time 16 hours a week
Holiday: Pro rata to 25 days pa
Pension: Group Personal pension 6% employers contribution
Reporting to: The Change Foundation Senior Manager
To support the work of The Change Foundation, an innovative award winning charity improving the lives of marginalised, young people in London, the UK and across the world using the power of sport and dance.
The Change Foundation is looking for an ambitious Dance Mentor who has the drive and passion to develop programmes targeting women and girls with specific experience in using dance as a tool for development. The applicant must have experience in delivering and developing dance programmes
- To co-ordinate The Change Foundation’s Dance 4 Change programme.
- To deliver The Change Foundation’s Dance 4 Change programme using a variety of genres of dance, with the ability to choreographer dance routines for performances.
- To mentor the young people participating on the Dance 4 Change programme.
- To collect monitoring information for the Dance 4 Change programme.
- To recruit young people for the Dance 4 Change programme by building links with referral agencies.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable young women and girls
- Knowledge and experience of delivering dance for development programmes
- Ability to develop and manage programmes
- Ability to design and deliver innovative sessions for vulnerable women and girls dance
- Knowledge and experience of mentoring young women and girls
- Excellent organisational skills
- Qualifications in dance
- Good level of IT literacy and excellent working knowledge of using PCs/mobile, the internet and other digital technologies/platforms
- Experience of managing people
- Knowledge of the dance for development sector
- An innovative approach to delivering dance sessions
- Belief in the power of dance to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people
- Passionate and committed to providing more opportunities for vulnerable young women and girls to help them fulfil their potential
- Desire to make a change in the lives of disadvantaged young people
- Willingness to think innovatively and try new ideas to help young people reach their potential
- You feel comfortable working in a dynamic and active team
- A self-starter full of energy and enthusiasm
- A strong belief and commitment to equal opportunities and social inclusion
- Willing to work both from home/remote base and our main office, as agreed
- To adhere to policies and procedures
- To respect the wider work of the charity
- To undertake any training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post
- Undertaking any other duties as may be required within the scope of the role
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in the charity.
What is The Change Foundation?
The Change Foundation is an award winning UK based charity that uses sport and dance to create transformational change in young people. We have been delivering and designing sport for development initiatives for 35 years across 30 different countries. Our three key services are:
- We deliver targeted programmes in London for the most vulnerable people using coach mentors with lived experience.
- We train sport for development organisations with new skills to deliver sustainable social change.
- We co-design bespoke programmes with charities and corporate partners that demonstrate a high return on their investment.
What is unique about The Change Foundation?
- The Change Foundation programmes are designed and delivered by graduates of our programmes who empower other young people through lived experience.
- The Change Foundation only delivers targeted interventions for the most hard to reach young people such as; young refugees, ex-offenders, care leavers, disabled people and gang members.
- The Change Foundation has delivered sport for development projects in 30 countries around the world.
For more information about the work of The Change Foundation please visit our website, www.thechangefoundation.org.uk
To apply please provide:
- Covering letter (of no more than two sides of A4) demonstrating how your; experience, skills and motivations meet the role profile.
We can only make the decision to interview you based on the information you give us, so it is vital that you provide us with sufficient detail of your capabilities. Please give specific examples to help us understand the depth and variety of your experience.
The closing date for applications is Monday 4th December 2017. You will be notified as soon as possible after that date if you have been short-listed for interview. Interviews will take place on Friday 15 December 2017.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For any queries please contact Claire Tracey on 020 8669 2177.