Chris Gayle Academy (Jamaica)
‘Education is the key to unlocking our children’s future’
The main aim of The Chris Gayle Academy in Kingston is to improve access to good quality education, training and employment for at risk young people in Jamaica.
5 YEAR VISION OF THE CHRIS GAYLE ACADEMY IN JAMAICA
- To inspire 3,000 children to stay in school and make the most of their education in Jamaica
- To support 200 children to return to school in Jamaica.
- To share the expertise we develop in using cricket to motivate children to make the most of their education with other countries in the Caribbean region
The young people in The Chris Gayle Academy Jamaica will also be volunteering in local schools to help teach and promote Chris Gayle’s Big ‘6’ principles:
CHRIS GAYLE’S ‘6’:
1. Respecting others 2. Setting goals 3. Making good choices
4. Working hard 5. Looking after your health
6. Understanding the consequences of your actions
18 – 24year olds